Bato warns ‘tokhang-for’ransom’ cop: Surrender or die

MANILA, Philippines – Philippine National Police (PNP) chief Director General Ronald ‘Bato’ Dela Rosa has issued a stern warning against the police officer who was allegedly involved in the kidnapping of a South Korean businessman in October last year to surrender or end up being killed. The police officer earlier surrendered to authorities after being linked to the abduction of Jee Ick-joo who was abducted from his home in Angeles City by a group of armed men who introduced themselves as cops conducting a drug raid. The South Korean has not been seen since despite his wife paying P5-M ransom to the kidnappers.



The officer, whom Dela Rosa did not identify, was earlier reported to have been sacked and charged with criminal offense. The PNP chief also said the suspect has been placed under ‘restrictive custody’. However, on Thursday, Dela Rosa admitted the officer was never detained and was only ordered to report to his superiors. He has also disappeared after failing to report as ordered. “I hope you surrender because if you don’t, you will really die. [Expletives], you will die if you do not surrender,” Dela Rosa warned the police officer in an interview over DZMM. The PNP chief also said he has ordered a ‘manhunt’ for the suspect whom he called an ‘idiot’. “There is a big chance this idiot is really guilty,” said Dela Rosa, adding that he now doubt if the missing victim is still alive. Meanwhile, the wife of the missing South Korean businessman has offered a P100,000 reward for any information that would lead them to the whereabouts of her husband.
Share on Google Plus
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 comments:

Post a Comment