Samsung Galaxy Note 7 explodes in 6-year-old boy’s hands

A 6-year-old boy from Brooklyn in New York City was taken to a hospital and treated for injuries after a Galaxy Note 7 exploded in his hands. The boy’s grandmother, Linda Lewis, recalled that the boy was watching videos on the device when the battery suddenly exploded. The explosion set off alarms in the house.


The boy was immediately taken to Downstate Medical Center in New York and treated for severe burns. He has since returned home but is now afraid of going near phones, according to his family members. Samsung, the company that manufactured the Galaxy Note 7, has already been in contact with the family. The boy’s family members have not disclosed details about their conversation with the company. “We are engaged with the Lewis family to ensure we are doing everything we can for them and their son. Customer safety remains our highest priority as we are investigating the matter,” a spokesperson for Samsung told PhoneArena in a statement. At least 35 cases of the new device exploding, while being used or while being charged, has been recorded. In one extreme case, the explosion caused a car to suddenly burst in flames. The company has since begun a recall of the phones and suspended sales of the device. Customers are advised to immediately turn off their Galaxy Note 7s and are given the option of either exchanging them with a Samsung Galaxy J as a loan until the Note 7 is fixed or to permanently swap it with either Galaxy s7 or s7 edge model. Reports also say that Samsung plans to deactivate all units that have been recalled after September 30.
Share on Google Plus
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 comments:

Post a Comment