Nograles denies his bodyguards were killed by “DDS” upon orders of Duterte

Former House Speaker Prospero Nograles denied the statement of a witness presented by Senator De Lima at the Senate hearing on extrajudicial killings
The witness said President Rodrigo Duterte, who was the Davao City mayor then, ordered the abduction and killing of four of Nograles’ bodyguards
Nograles said all the staff and security personnel assigned to him while he was still in politics are still alive


Former House of Representative Speaker Prospero Nograles denied that any of his bodyguards were killed by the so-called “Davao Death Squad” (DDS) in 2010 as claimed by a witness presented by Senator Leila De Lima at the resumption of the Senate hearing on extrajudicial killings on Thursday, September 15.

Nograles said none of his security aides had been killed because of politics.

“As far as I know, there’s not a single incident that any of my staff or security personnel who were assigned to me while I was still in politics was killed even when I ran for mayor in 2010,” the Inquirer quoted Nograles as saying.

“Buhay pa naman sila ngayon [They are still alive],” he added.

Edgar Matobato, a self-confessed member of “DDS”, claimed that in 2010 they kidnapped four bodyguards of Nograles and killed them in the Island Garden of Samal in Davao del Norte. He said it was President Rodrigo Duterte, who was the Davao City mayor then, who ordered the abduction and killing of the former speaker’s men.

Matobato said they strangled Nograles’ bodyguards, cut open their stomachs and threw them into the sea with hollow blocks tied on the victims.

The former House speaker’s son Davao City representative Karlo Nograles also belied Matobato’s claim.
Share on Google Plus
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 comments:

Post a Comment