Deadly spider Can give you an erection for hours before you die

A British woman got a little more than she paid for when she found the world's most venomous spider hitching a ride on bananas that she bought at the grocery store, according to local reports. After shopping at a Tesco grocery story, Maria Layton said she found a web with eggs from a Brazilian wandering spider hiding out in the bananas, according to The Telegraph. The critter is listed by the Guinness Book of World Records as the world's most venomous spider, with a neurotoxin so deadly it takes just 0.00000021 ounces to kill a mouse.



The spider's venom made headlines in 2007, when scientists started to research if the venom could treat impotence. The spiders are called banana spiders and wandering spiders because they wander the jungle at night, and hide inside banana plants during the day. Venom from these spiders can cause men to have an erection for four hours. Layton, 43, said her husband bought the bananas from Tesco and that the bananas had been in the house a whole day before she opened the bag. She said she then called Tesco customer services, who told her to take them back to the shop where she bought them. When she posted the picture on Tesco's Facebook page, she said she was told "to send the wrapper in so they could get the barcode to refund me!" "Tesco were a bit useless, I was really concerned about the possibility of this dangerous spider and spider eggs in my house and really wanted some helpful advice on how to act. I wasn't sure if other spiders or eggs had escpaed when I ripped the bag open," she said. The report said a Tesco customer service spokesperson, when asked if Tesco had a responsibility to the customer to send a pest control expert to the house, said its policy is "for the customer to take the product back to the store where it can be investigated." "We don't have a service whereby someone can go out to the home," the spokesperson said. Not the first time Last September, a woman in Essex had to incinerate her hoover after finding eggs in bananas she bought from Tesco, the report said. In March 2014, a family evacuated from their Staffordshire home after finding hundreds of hatchlings.
Share on Google Plus
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 comments:

Post a Comment